Recipe and how to make chicken peri peri / Grilled Chicken at home without oven:
Chicken Peri Peri is one of the fastest-growing recipes in the city. Chicken Peri Peri is an African Barbeque chicken recipe that is spicy and delicious. This restaurant-style recipe can be prepared on a barbeque, in an oven or on a hot grill pan at home.
Easy step by step guide on how to make Chicken Peri Peri or Pan grilled Chicken. Prepare this delicious dish at home and serve it with the family in no time. So let’s start.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients to make Peri Peri Chicken
- Half kilogram boneless chicken leg pieces
- 5-6 tablespoon Virgin Olive oil or Refined Sunflower oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- Small piece of Ginger (1 tablespoon ginger paste)
- 5-6 Hot red chilli
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Half tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1 piece of lemon
- 1 cup of curd
- Half teaspoon Kasturi Methi
- Few Charcoal chunks
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
Those are the ingredients we will be using to make juicy and delicious Peri Peri chicken.
How to prepare peri peri chicken?
Here we will marinate the chicken two times. So that the chicken absorbed those spice ingredients and develop an aromatic flavour from it.
- Grind one tablespoon of ginger and garlic and make it a paste.
- Now take the Chicken leg boneless and add salt to taste, grinded one tablespoon ginger-garlic paste and 4-5 tablespoon lemon juice on it and stir it nicely until it mixed properly and keep it aside for at least half an hour.
- First, prepare Peri Peri sauce: To prepare the peri peri sauce, take 5-6 hot red chilli, 3-4 garlic cloves, piece of ginger(half teaspoon), 2-3 bay leaves, half teaspoon paprika powder, 2-3 tablespoon olive(refined sunflower) oil, half tablespoon Kasturi Methi, 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice and salt to taste in a grinder and make it a fine paste.
- Secondly, take the bowl and pour 3-4 tablespoon olive(refined sunflower) oil, add 1 cup of curd, Peri Peri sauce and mix it nicely.
- Finally, put the marinated chicken leg boneless and mix it again. Now our chicken marinade mix is ready for smoke infusion
Smoke infusion: To give an extra flavour of barbeque smoke. Take 2-3 charcoal chunks and burn them on the gas burner until it turn a red colour. Take the burning charcoal chunks in a small bowl and keep the bowl in the bowl of the marinated chicken pieces. Pour some oil on the burning charcoals and as soon as it starts emitting smoke cover the chicken marination bowl with a lid and keep it for cover for 30 minutes.
By now our smoke infused chicken marinade mix is ready to pan grill and make it a juicy and delicious chicken peri peri.
How to pan grill?
Heat a grill pan to the maximum. Lightly put oil on it(The pan shouldn’t be medium heat) and take out the smoke-infused marinated chicken pieces and place it on a high heat grill pan. Cook each side of the chicken pieces for 2-3 mins to get grill marks on both sides. Now lower the heat and cook the chicken on both sides. Keep turning over the chicken pieces so that it doesn’t get burned. This may take 15-20 minutes to be fully cooked.
Alternatively, you can also cook the chicken peri peri over preheated to 220c in the oven for 20 mins.
Take it out and serve hot, your juicy and delicious chicken peri peri with family and friends.
If you like this article and want us to write more such useful contents. Please contribute to our work. Your contribution keeps us going and it means a lot to us.For the people, for a better world.