How to prepare Makhani burger?
Step by step guide on how to make a fresh Veggie makhani burger at home. This is the ultimate guide for veggie lover. Try this tasty and juicy burger recipe and serve it with the family. You will love this healthy and deliciously easy to make burger recipe.
I don’t want to make this tutorial lengthy and boring and will make it short as much as I could.
A burger is one of the most popular dishes in the city and you will find it in almost all the modern restaurant in different taste and flavour. Both the Burger made of meat and vegetables are tasty but I personally prepare Veg Burger and I love it. I very often prepare it at home and serve with the family whenever I get free time to spend. It is delicious and flavorful, easy to prepare, don’t take much time and effort.
To make a Makhani burger all we need is some vegetables, seasoning, buns and a few pantry staples. However, you can customise it according to your taste. Below I will be mentioning all the required recipe to make a juicy and delicious Makhani Burger.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients to make Makhani Gravy.
- Two tablespoon butter.
- One medium-size onion paste
- 1-2 green chilli paste
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves paste
- 1 medium-size tomato paste(puree)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2- 3 tablespoon of cashew paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Kasturi Methi
- Salt to taste.
Ingredients to make crispy paneer patty
- Three rectangular size slice paneer
- 2-3 tablespoon Olive oil(refined sunflower oil)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste
Ingredients to make mayonnaise dressing
- Half tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 cup of Eggless vegan mayonnaise
- Half tablespoon master seeds
- Half tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Half tablespoon olive oil(refined sunflower oil)
- Half tablespoon sugar and a salt to taste
Other ingredients to make a Makhani Burger
- Burger bun
- Iceberg lettuce
- Fresh or caramelized onion
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons Butter
How to prepare?
1. Making a Makhani Gravy.
- Heat 2 teaspoon butter in a pan. Add the garlic and green chilli paste. Saute for few seconds till the raw aroma of garlic and chilli goes away.
- Add the onion paste and keep stirring and saute until the onion turns into a light brown.
- Add one tablespoon coriander powder, one tablespoon garam masala powder, half table and spoon red chilli powder to sauteed onion.
- Add tomato paste(puree), cashew paste, one tablespoon sugar, salt to taste and stir it nicely. Leave it to cook for 4 – 5 minutes, keep stirring in the middle.
- Finally, add one tablespoon Kasturi Methi and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Now your delicious Makhani gravy is ready.
2. Making a crunchy/crispy paneer patty
- Take 1 cup of all-purpose flour and mix it with one cup of water, add 2 tablespoon olive oil and mix it very well(slurry).
- Take the all over minced black pepper applied square size slice Paneer and dip it in a slurry and then into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan then fries the Paneer until it turns a light brown. Now your crispy Paneer patty is ready.
“How to prepare breadcrumbs: Break 6 to 7 slices of bread and blend the bread cubes in a dry grinder. Use days old bread. Any kind of bread white, brown, multi-grain or whole wheat bread. Place the bread crumbs in a plate or bowl and set aside”
Making a mayonnaise dressing
- Place 1 cup of Eggless Vegan Mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl. Add half of tablespoon mustard seeds and also add half tablespoon black pepper and blend it nicely.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add half tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Season with half tablespoon sugar and salt as per taste.
- Whisk the dressing very well and set aside. Do check the taste and add salt, sugar, lemon juice if required.
- Now your Mayonnaise dressing is ready.
Final preparation of Makhani burger.
- Slice 1 small onion, 1 small tomato and 1 small cucumber into a thinly round shape. Shred 3-4 iceberg lettuce leaves or blanched cabbage leaves. Cover and set these veggies aside on a steel plate.
- Slice the burger buns into an equal part. Spread some butter on the burger bun slices.
- Heat a pan and toast the buttered side of the burger bun slices. You can also toast the burger bun in a preheated pan with little oil until it becomes slightly crisp and golden brown.
- Assembling Makhani Burger: Spread the mayonnaise dressing on the butter-toasted side of the buns. Top up with sliced shredded iceberg lettuce and onion slices(caramelized onion) and then put the paneer patty and then again top up with other veggies, tomato slices, and cucumber slices.
- Again spread some mayonnaise dressing on the second half of the burger bun and place the burger buns on top of each other.
“How to make caramelized onion: cut the onion into pieces from the top to bottom. Heat the pan with a little bit of oil just to fry the onion. Put the pieces of onion and fry them until they turn slightly crisp and golden brown. Take out the caramelised onion from the pan and place it in a plate or bowl and set aside”
Here we are not using slice cheese. we will be using it in the cheeseburger recipe. However, you can also add sliced cheese at your Makhani Burger.
Our makhani Burger is assembled and ready to serve. Enjoy these hot delicious and juicy makhani burger with some tomato ketchup or relishes. French fries are a great combination with the Makhani Burger
If you like this article and want us to write more such useful contents. Please contribute to our work. Your contribution keeps us going and it means a lot to us.For the people, for a better world.